Recipe: Caprese Chicken


My husband has never been the biggest fan of chicken, much to my disappointed (I love chicken!). I usually get away with literately drowning his chicken breast in a heavy sauce or with frying or coating the chicken so much that he can barely taste what it is (yes, he really does not like the taste of chicken). I still try to incorporate it every once in a while in our meal plan, especially since chicken is just so much healthier than pork and red meat. 

I always try to find recipes that fit my healthy lifestyle and that my husband could like at the same time (which is not an easy task!).  I sometimes have a hard time, he is just such a picky eater, and end up cooking two different versions of dinner (not very efficient, I know). 

I'm a big fan of Caprese salad, especially in summer. It's just so easy to make, refreshing in taste, and healthy. Also, I love growing my own tomatoes and using them for this salad - so yummy! 

So, this week I decided to give my favorite salad a little spin and make Caprese Chicken, hoping my husband would approve of it. Spoiler alert: It was so good that he asked me to prepare it more often! The balsamic vinegar sauce gave the chicken a unique and super delicious flavor, while the tomatoes and mozzarella cheese gave the dish that refreshing caprese-note. It was mouthwatering! 



CAPRESE CHICKEN RECIPE
....................................................................................................
Serves: 4-6 servings
....................................................................................................
INGREDIENTS
2 lbs. chicken breast
2 cloves minced garlic
1 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
5 Tbsp. brown sugar
sliced tomato
sliced mozzarella
fresh basil
balsamic creme (optional)
....................................................................................................
INSTRUCTIONS
1. Pound the chicken breasts to 1/2 inch thick. Salt and pepper both sides
2. Heat some olive oil in a large saucepan and brown chicken on both sides
3. Reduce the heat to medium-low and add garlic. In a small bowl, combine broth, balsamic vinegar and brown sugar - add to the chicken. 
4. Let chicken simmer, covered, for about 10-12 minutes until it's cooked through
5. Place chicken in a casserole dish and add some of the balsamic sauce. Place slices of tomato on top of the chicken, and then top with mozzarella. Broil chicken in the oven until cheese is melted
6. Top the chicken with fresh basil and drizzle with balsamic creme. Enjoy!
....................................................................................................





No comments

Back to Top