Recipe: Guilt-Free & High Protein Cookie Dough


The first time I had protein powder after the gym (about 3 years ago) I could hardly get it down. Mixed with only water, it really wasn't delicious at all and didn't have the creamy consistency described on the package. Since then, I have constantly been trying to find different ways to make protein powder taste better - no matter as a shake or a treat.

In the past, I have added different fruits, Greek yogurt, peanut butter and even cottage cheese (not my best moment!). Now, I usually mix my powder with half water/half almond milk, a banana and some cinnamon for my go-to shake - which is creamy and tasty. I still like to try different recipes, especially when the results are calorie-friendly and protein-packed treats.

My current favorite? High-protein cookie dough! I found this recipe a while ago but haven't had the time to try it until beginning of March. I do love cookie dough (who doesn't?) and this treat is delicious by itself, frozen or spread on rice-cakes (this is usually what I do with left overs - if I have any. You will have to add a tiny bit more almond milk to make it creamier and more spreadable). 

HIGH PROTEIN COOKIE DOUGH
....................................................................................................
Makes: 1 serving size
....................................................................................................
INGREDIENTS
3/4 scoop vanilla protein powder
2 TBSP peanut butter
1 TBSP almond milk
optional: chocolate chips
....................................................................................................
INSTRUCTIONS
1. Mix all ingredients until achieving a cookie dough like consistency
2. Freeze, eat right away or spread on fruits/rice cakes
....................................................................................................







6 comments

  1. I'm going to try this with my Juice Plus Complete! Not that it needs anything added to it to make it yummy. If you're looking for a delicious protein shake let me know, I can send you samples. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please don't comment with an advertisement some people are actually looking for feedback,not a promo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just made some! It tasted good unfrozen, but I popped it in the freezer. We'll see when it's frozen :D I bet it's even better. I used sugar free chocolate chips and added a teeny bit more soymilk. Just my own preference

    ReplyDelete
  4. What kind of protein powder? Whey? Pea?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very good! I am a Cookie dough fanatic and this will satisfy the cravings. Mine tasted more like peanut butter cookie dough rather than chocolate chip, but whatever, I liked it!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top