Tutorial: Butterfly Money Gift


Money gifts are super practical, especially for weddings and graduations (and for people that sometimes have no idea what to buy the other person... like me!). Unfortunately, most of the time giving money is also quite plain - come on, money in an envelope? You can do so much better! 

Since my nieces Sweet 16 is coming up I had been looking for a creative idea to give her some cash (she is currently saving for her drivers license). I ended up making a super cute butterfly box - all in pink and extremely girly. She loves butterflies, so I can't wait to see the look on her face!


What you will need:
  • Money bills 
  • Gift box
  • Chenille sticks
  • Butterfly confetti
  • Cord
  • Tape

For my butterflies, I used twenty $5 bills (two bills make one butterfly). I folded the bills according to the pictures on the right and put them together with colored chenille sticks.
Then I connected the butterflies with a cord and glued the strings, using tape, to the inner side of lid of my box (three butterflies on each side and four butterflies in the middle of the box). I also filled the box with butterfly confetti and added a butterfly to the ribbon on the box. 

Done!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------














Don't forget to follow my blog on Bloglovin

2 comments

  1. i love the butterfly money thing it's so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a granddaughter who is turning 17 and I love this idea!!!!! I have a butterfly garden in my backyard, so everyone knows I love them!!! Thanks for sharing your great idea!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top