Favorite Friday: Workout Routine (21 Day Fix)



I have always been a big fan of exercising and staying fit. Until around two years ago I would have considered myself a typical gym-rat - spending every free minute at the gym (machines or bar). Then, I got into Beachbody through a friend and started T25 with Shaun T, and let me tell you: this guy and I had a serious love/hate relationship (nobody has kicked my butt as much as him). After moving to South America, I decided to become a runner (spoiler: I'm not much closer to being a runner than I was a year ago).


Even though I have accomplished two 5k's (with my husband motivating me) I can honestly say that I'm not very good at it, and that I don't like running very much. This being said, I hadn't really found the right program/routine that works for me and that keeps motivated - until I saw a picture of one of my lovely friends on Facebook. She posted a "before and after" shot of herself after completing the 21 Day Fix (also from Beachbody) and her picture was truly inspiring!

Before I really get into talking about the program, let me first tell you that I'm not a Beachbody coach and I'm not trying to sell you anything Beachbody related - this is simply my personal opinion.


So, let's talk about the 21 Day Fix!

This program was created by the beautiful Autumn Calabrese and promises a weight loss of around 5lbs and a toned body in only 3 weeks. It doesn't only include workouts, but also an easy to follow meal plan thanks to colored containers (confusing? It really isn't!). The first thing I did after receiving my package was calculating my "daily container need", which tells me exactly how many containers I can have during the day. The containers make eating healthy super easy, especially because you don't have to count calories. As long as your food fits into the specific containers, you can eat it! The program also comes with meal ideas and sample recipes.



The workouts consists of 6 different "Fixes" + one bonus workout.

Total Body Cardio Fix
Keep your heart rate up and your metabolism revved high long after the workout is over.
Tuesday: Upper Fix
Targeted resistance training helps shape your chest, back, shoulders, arms, and abs.
Lower Fix
Firm and tone your entire lower body while you blast fat and burn calories
Pilates Fix
Strengthen your core, elongate your muscles, and firm your hips and thighs.
Cardio Fix
Get your heart pumping and your body moving as you melt away the pounds.
Yoga Fix
Improve your balance, flexibility, and strength as you help relax your muscles.
Dirty 30 (my favorite!)
Bonus workout

My thoughts after 1,5 weeks
I personally didn't find the workouts as demanding as with T25, but they still make me sweat and burn (especially my legs). From time to time I still have to follow Kat, who does the same exercises but in a modified version to make them a little easier. Overall, I really fell in love with the workouts and Autumn (just looking at her abs motivates me!). Some of the moves were completely new to me, so it's a great change from the other programs I have done so far. I'm also positively surprised by the meal plan. I didn't know if I was going to stick with the containers, but after 1,5 weeks of doing the program, I really got used to them. I also like how easy it is to eat healthy and to keep track of what I have been eating without counting every calorie I consume. 
Since I didn't have much to lose to begin with I'm pretty happy with the 2,5 lbs that I have lost so far. I also noticed that I'm getting much stronger, less bloated, and that I have so much more energy.

Now, I want to hear your thoughts! Have you tried the 21 Day Fix? What were your results? If not, what's your favorite workout routine/program? And how do you stay motivated?




Don't forget to follow my blog on Bloglovin

No comments

Back to Top